University Resources

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offers many services aimed at helping students resolve personal difficulties and strengthen the skills, attitudes, and knowledge that help enable students to take full advantage of their University experiences. Services include counseling for individuals, couples and groups, referrals to community resources, and crisis intervention. Call CAPS at (734) 764–8312 for more information or to make an appointment.

Student Legal Services provides legal advice and assistance in many areas of the law. The office has a professional staff of full–time attorneys and paralegals assisted by law students and undergraduate volunteers. You may call the office for current walk-in times, (734) 763–9920.

The Office of Student Conflict Resolution administers the Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities, the University of Michigan policy that details the non–academic rights and responsibilities of students. The office provides educationally focused conflict resolution services, including mediation, as well as educational programs. Call (734) 936–6308.

If you have experienced sexual harassment or discrimination, and you wish to have an informal, off the record conversation about what has happened in order to help you consider your options contact the Ombuds Office. If you wish to report an incident, contact the Office of Institutional Equity at (734) 763–0235.